Lets Talk about Sight Words

I have just accepted that I am a terrible blogger. Why do I keep doing it then you might ask? It gives me an outlet to say anything and everything I want to say and for others to read that might be helpful to that person.

Now...since the last time I wrote...I found out I was pregnant! Surprise...During this time I am trying to find ways of helping my second born who is still having difficulty with her sight words etc. I looked up app after app and other blogs for as much information that I could. Obviously, I couldn't buy every app that said it would be helpful for my student but I found in particular that I fell in love with and she seems to enjoy.

Its called: KINDERGARTEN SIGHT WORDS by Maelstrom Interactive

Kindergarten Sight Word

The app takes her through the most highly frequented words and has her work through different tasks with 3 - 4 words. It shows her the words, says the words, then asks her to un-mix the boxes of certain words. It will also give her a crossword puzzle as review, a memory matching game, and a match the word said.

She plays it while were in the car and doesn't know she's even reading. I notice that because she is working hard at listening and applying the knowledge that she is hearing...she gets tired and ends up only being able to focus for about 10 mins. Today she even fell asleep shortly there after.

I am so proud of her for trying and even if she doesn't see it...I see the progress! I should also mention that there are other levels that you can purchase after she/he has finished the introduction levels. Check out their website above and see it for yourself! Here are the links to the different app stores.
Google App
Apple App


Comments

Popular Posts