Week ?

I should have posted long ago but it has been crazy. From me trying to finish my bachelors, to T trying to finish up her homeschool, to S starting her two tantrums, and then me getting pregnant! Its like a never ending cycle right now that I just can’t seem to catch up. But I'm here to update the blog and hope that everyone finds what I’m saying important if only for the purpose of understanding homeschooling.

T. did fine in A-Beka but it’s not our cup of tea. I know that I've mentioned this before but we didn’t like it. The videos were far too long for a 6 year old in the 1st grade and very boring. Not only that but she got so comfortable with reading only books from A-Beka, she would not venture out and try reading books at the library. So we are ditching A-Beka next year! Yes, that’s right! We have made plans to do homeschool again! The school options just did not work out. I don’t feel that I can pay the money it costs to send her to private school, and we definitely don’t agree with sending her to public school. And unfortunately, we didn’t make the cut off list for her to get into Charter...so we are doing homeschool.

We are going to do Sonlight Homeschool next year for second grade. We are doing Core B with Core A science. I’m still not 100% certain what math we are going to go through but I’m thinking that we'll do either Math-U-See or Horizon, which is part of the Sonlight package if I so choose to buy it. Other than that, I haven’t thought much else on other subjects.

I’m just trying to get through this year one day at a time and finish out my school as well. I've got until Sept. 30 to finish eight classes for my bachelors and then I'll be done, done, done! Plus, our little newest member of the family will be due shortly thereafter on Oct 11!

For now...that is all I have to say. Hope everyone is enjoying their day and week and year! Enjoy your summer! I’m sure I'll come back and post as we progress through the year!

Comments

Popular Posts