I LOVE SONLIGHT!

I love Sonlight. This year we are doing Core A, Reader 2, and Horizon Math 2 and its going great...but we're having a little set back with just having a new baby...but so that I stay on topic...I'll tell you what I like.

I love the readers. They are fun and although not always engaging they usually always have a good moral to the story to help with moral choices.

I love the history books. They are history without being textbook-ish. My daughter loves the read a-louds that I do and usually wishes that I would go on when I need to stop.

Horizon Math is good. There are a lot of colors and things that she finds appealing and although we are still in the pre-review areas of math...she seems to like it.

I know that there are some reviews out there that say that there is too much work but its not necessary to do everything. You can skip and pick and choose what you want without feeling as if you left a huge portion of your day out.

For example:
Core A

We do the devotional but we don’t do the bible reading every day because we don’t have time. We do the history book reading and usually read a few days in on one so that we can focus on another book another day.

Language Arts

We make up our own games with the spelling words that they provide and I print out paper for her to do her copy work on so that I can adjust the items she is working on to fit our needs...

Science

We do the reading and the worksheets but we haven’t done the science projects because we don’t have the time. We do watch the science videos though...

That’s about it...I hope that this information was helpful!

Comments

Popular Posts