The Oddities of a 7 Year Old!

Hello everyone!

I know that it has been a long time since I wrote here but I've come back to you! LOL! After that last post my 7 year old begged me to put her into school because a couple of her friends were at the Christian private school in the area. My husband thought it would be a good idea so we placed her into it after the end of the first semester. Academically T loved it but her friendship disintegrated! And she was heartbroken and confused. Nothing that she did wrong necessarily but some of her friends played games she felt she couldn’t play and the others were mean to her when they were around their "other" friends. It’s been hard watching her learn this lesson but she knows that she has to finish out the year and then we'll decide what to do!

So we may be going back into the home-school mainstream! YEAH! I really do miss it! We probably won’t do Sonlight even though we liked it. I’m not sure how much she was actually retaining because a few of the classes had no worksheets and we were supposed to show the worksheets in those subjects so I was creating my own which became tedious! So I'll let you know what I decide to do in terms of homeschooling for next year.

For those of you that are curious! Check out this homeschooling convention @ Disneyland!
http://www.cheaofca.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.viewPage&pageId=1162&parentID=522

Comments

Popular Posts