First Week of 2013-2014 School Year

We never start our school year if we're homeschooling until the week after my daughter's birthday. So we've started and got through our first week very well. It was difficult to know how to balance my preschooler and my third grader but she's good at reading and would start on her work for a specific subject and then I'd set up my preschooler with her worksheet(s). We've taken the curriculum for both of them and tweeked it quite a bit. Im sure that many of you do that to fit your family's needs. Go ahead and look at the older posts to know which we're on and if your curious or have a question...please dont hesitate to ask. The posts that will follow this one will be what we are doing and the occational picture of what we're doing so I hope that we can give you some great ideas and that you enjoy what you see! Thanks for sharing this experience with me and have a great school year!

Bible:
Pride Lessons
--How do I show pride? -- journal
Proverbs 11:2 When pride comes then comes disgrace but with humility comes wisdom.

English:
How to use a dictionary.

Spelling:
Placement Test

History:
Evan Moore Intro into the Explorers pocket book. We've tweeked this by using the construction paper that we had which was just standard 8x11 and placed them into a 1" binder. Then we read two books:

Science:
Intro into Astronomy (week 1)

Math:
Review of time/clock, number placement/value, & large addition/subtraction. We'll be starting Teaching Textbooks as soon as the curriculum comes in. I ordered the wrong one!

My preschooler worked on learning about the Letter A. She was such a trooper and decided to nap multiple days! Here's a look at her week!

Comments

Popular Posts