Inner Peace

I'm sure you've all read by now my little intro about what this blog is about.

Home-schooling and my plight to being a better mom.

Even my blog title Mommy Hiccups was chosen with great care.
These three girls that God has entrusted to me to care for and raise up to be wonderful women of God and I feel honored to have a book that tells me how to do it and that encourages me to press on towards a greater goal that I can not see. I know it (a goal) is there...but I'm blind to God's plan for my girls. 

There were times in this walk that I feel like the world and my husband's job would crush me. That I would be swept away into a sea of bitterness or resentment or just surviving. But I knew at one point I had a decision to make. I could allow the world to pull me along and get caught in its undertow or I could surf the waves. (I laugh because I've never actually surfed a day in my life).

I woke up multiple times last night with my littlest, who has an ear infection, and thought...how do I homeschool in these moments. When I finally couldn't sleep anymore because she was keeping me awake...I got up and grabbed a cup of coffee and opened my bible app and found a devotional by Joyce Meyers called a Confident Woman. If you have never read it, I encourage you too. But she led me to Isaiah 43:1b-5 (abridged): "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. You are precious and honored in my sight, I love you. Do not be afraid, for I am with you."

My life has been a series of twists and turns and ups and downs, but He was always there...waiting! The best "wingman" (not the slang definition) ever! He's there for you too...Psalms 46:10 says:" Be still and know that I am God!"

Comments

Popular Posts