It's Christmas!

So I'm getting better! Instead of once a year posting something, I've now posted something every month! Now if I could just get to a point where I post something ever day or at least once a week I would be thrilled.

Today is Christmas and a few things over the last month or so has been brought to my attention.

1. My youngest (Monkey) is dying to learn to read. I just ordered pre-reading from All About Reading for her since we are pulling her out of 5 days a week preschool to 2 days a week preschool. We are also working through Teach Your Child to Read with a 100 Easy Lessons.

2. My middle (Baby Bop) is doing really well with the A-Beka video curriculum but she was getting very frustrated with the fact that she could NOT actually engage with the other kids. She started to fall behind and so when she is done with the Kinder curriculum, we will be doing level 1 All About Reading and Math-U-See Primer. I think she is farther than that but I need to have her review...

3. My oldest (Buttercup) is doing great. We did a Level B class online through IEW and she scored a 96%. She is also doing the history 6 through SOS and is doing well but she's not in love with it. And math she is doing Teaching Textbooks level 7 and she is very proud of herself for being in a higher level than she had originally thought she was.

We are already starting to discuss what we will be working on in the Fall of 2017 but to add to all that excitement is the fact that we will be having a boy in May to add to the mix of chaos. We are also hoping to switching it to a bit of Charlotte Mason like teaching for history and science.

Merry Christmas from my family to yours!

Comments

Popular Posts