Lets Talk Food Planning & more

This year so far has happened in a sweep of heck-tick-ness that I can only hope dies down into something peaceful and dare I use the word beautiful.

I didn't do any resolutions this year because to be honest I never remember what they are and I'm not functional enough to find a way to remember them either. I'll get better but when I have the time not necessarily this year. But in the mean time...I've made a few changes that I hope will make this year be more productive.

1. I signed myself up with Plan to Eat and have slowly started adding recipes to my box. Plan to Eat has so far been very easy to use and useful. They even give you a 30 day trial for free. I know that you cant get all you want done with the webpage in 30 days but it does give you a good idea if it will work for you.

2. I signed up for Safeway Shop & Deliver. Create an account, use the shopping list that Plan to Eat gives you for the week of recipes that you have chosen, add the extra things you need for lunches, snacks, and misc. and have them deliver. Delivery is only $10 unless you purchase over $150 and then its $7. This helps us avoid what I like to call over-shopping because when you see it you want it.

3. I am now selling Mary Kay. I'm not sure how I'll do or if I'll make any money from it but my hope is that the answer to all this is yes.

4. I'm 5 months pregnant with a BOY! After having 3 girls and thinking that this was it, we were done...God decided we weren't and gave us another baby which we soon found out was a boy. Although his name is not set in stone yet, the idea and excitement in my home has been a bit overwhelming. Will keep everyone up to date on this area and will have to change my intro! LOL!

5. We have since moved from A-Beka videos to a more hands on curriculum. My 6th grader is still doing what she has always done (IEW, Total Language Plus - Julie of the Wolves, Teaching Textbooks, Switched on Schoolhouse - Social Science, & a co-op for science - chemistry) but my 1st grader is now doing All About Reading, Math U See, and an Evan Moore book on Geography. In the fall we'll be doing Anatomy for science but continue with the rest.

Its January and I feel overwhelmed even though these changes are good changes. I hope that they help me coordinate my life better and I hope that if you give them a try they will help you too! Good luck and happy homeschooling.

Comments

Popular Posts