Not Stressing out over Kindergarten - Second Grade

I've been talking to a lot of other homeschoolers and a lot of people are worried about spending money etc. on a curriculum. I've worried about the same thing myself and that I'll do something awful to my kids and get them set back. Its a huge worry but I've got to get over it because my second daughter is entering Pre-K and I'm embarking into new territory. My oldest was schooled by a wonderful Kindergarten teacher in San Jose, CA...but alas its too far. So this is what I've been telling myself and others!

From PreK - First/Second grade it is all about sound/letter recognition, blends, special sounds, sight words, number recognition, counting to 100, place values, adding/subtracting large numbers...If they know this by the end of second grade...you're set.

Many of these can be googled or pinterest-ed, if that is even a word. Otherwise, read read READ! I wish you all good luck in your adventure!

Pre-Kinder
http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/letter-of-the-week
**This is what we're using for our PreK**

Kinder
http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/k4-curriculum

Comments

Popular Posts