Nutrition

All I can say is that I wish I knew more. 

My oldest was diagnosed sever gluten allergy a few years ago and the symptoms were weight gain, and thyroid issues which effected a lot of other item in her body. It made her very self-conscience and still does. At almost 11, she's worried that she should focus on her eating which is so not the healthy thing here and I'm trying to figure out the trigger for this new issue but so far I'm at a loss. So instead...I told her that we were going to learn about nutrition this week and next. Heck, why not!? We see what were eating and then we see how we can change our eating habits to allow for a healthier me, her, and her sisters. I've been perusing the web since about 5:30 this morning thanks to my 3 year old waking up and deciding that she wanted to play with her sisters new cat who decided he wanted to play with my dog at 5 in the morning! AHHHH! Ok so I am including some great links for you to peruse at your leisure and hope this helps like its going to help me...us...whatever.

What a great website! Filled with great printables from the food pyramid to healthy goals for the littles. They also have a nutrition store and links to other nutrition websites that help you help your little ones. I'm working through the website as we speak...you read...me type...whatever...so I'll probably find more along the way but I'll let you go searching yourselves.

Although not free, This is inexpensive and useful with vocabulary words and printables on plate portion. 

I only have girls so there wasn't much reason for me to find the link for boys but all I did was google CDC 2 - 20 growth chart.

There is so much info in this! I believe it is aimed at middle school and up but you could probably pick and choose what you use if you have youngers. It will also give you some great ideas to google or YouTube. 

I don't want her stressing over her food choices. I want to stress activity more than food but I do want her to have an understanding about food portions and the only way I can think of is to get her to do a food diary for a couple days. She'll track her food and then next week we will analyze the foods she ate to ensure she eats healthier or just "moves" more. 

Comments

Popular Posts