Dinner & All That Great Stuff

For a long time I couldn't handle being a mom, homeschooling, and being a wife. We won't get into the reasons for that. 

But for about a year I was really trying to challenge myself and try to cook more often. Now just cause I had challenged myself doesn't mean that I jumped on this opportunity. It took me a while to wrap my brain around the task. 

My next task is trying to keep in a routine for cleaning but I digress! 

So the result was making a day label. As I work through recipes, I will post them hopefully! But here are a few of them! Meat Monday, Tortilla Tuesday, Wet Wednesday, Italian Thursday, & Asian Friday

Meat Monday: My husband is a huge griller! He loves to grill chicken and tri-tip. So Monday's are usually those two but I want to incorporate meatloaf & 1 other recipe! There is no specific recipe for these but when there are I will post them! If you have ideas then post them below!

Tortilla Tuesday: 
Tacos, nachos, quesadillas, & burritos are the go to but honestly we needed more variety! Here is another option that was easy.
**I need to make a couple of comments here! This was amazing! I have not made it with reduced fat sour cream but I did make it with 2% milk shredded cheese. I also used a rotisserie chicken to make it easier & corn tortillas for a gf option! Also, I'm posting a recipe for Chili Verde Sauce because my father-in-law is allergic but I haven't tried it yet. 
***Also, this is a freezer meal as well! 

Wet Wednesday: 
This technically is a broad name. It could be seafood, or soup but since it's hot here in CALIF we've been doing seafood. As fall comes I will move to stews and soups but here is the recipe we did for seafood night a week ago. 
**It was super yummy and I added a lobster tail for my husband. Also I doubled the recipe because my family loves shrimp. 

Well that's all for now. I hope you'll try these recipes and that you'll enjoy them! Happy cooking!


Comments

Popular Posts