A Day in the Life...

So its been an interesting month of starting off a new era. Wish I had the time and energy to write daily if not weekly but it looks like for now I'll write monthly?! LOL

We have been working on books that we already had so we aren't wasteful. We're working through the Primer for Math U See and doing almost a lesson a day because its review right now. We probably could have gone to Alpha but I wanted to ensure that she was still remember what she had learned from Kinder.



We also have been working through Explode the Code Book 1. We love this book and its building her confidence by doing it. I know that she can read but the review is helping her know that she does know how to read and its not just mommy telling her she knows because I'm her mom. Her words...not mine! LOL...

We have found a lot of different recommendations within EtheC in reference to how many pages per day. Some say one, some say 2. Depending on the day we do anywhere from 1-3 pages. I let her choose and I watch to see what her retention is as well. Today she did 3 pages and handed me her workbook. To each his own. 



For our penmanship and copywork, we have been working through a book called ABC Bible Verse and I write it on her page first and then she does...We work on a verse a week because she tires quickly from handwriting and does a poor job at the end. We have also had her write half of the verse, do some other book, and then write the other half of the verse.


Still trying to find a balance between her little sister who is a Pre-K'er but when I can focus on the both of them we do...otherwise...my 1st grader and I work in my room while the 4 year old is watching something or doing something quietly next to us.

Comments

Popular Posts