My Life As I Knew It

My life as I knew it has just changed. From full time student, full time mom to a non-school aged child and a school aged child to a full time student, full time mom to both my girls and my first grader's teacher. There was a lot of prayer involved in deciding to home-school but it felt right. My oldest has been in school since she was a K4 and this year things just didn't fall into place as they usually do. Cost, Location, and Priorities have changed and the thought of having to rearrange everything including my mental schedule made and is making me cringe. I tried! I really did but every time by schedule had to rearrange itself to my first graders schedule, our youngest would cry and then everything took a back seat because we were trying to keep her entertained till dinner or bedtime. So we made the decision to home-school but decided she could stay in her current school (20 min away) until the Friday after her birthday. I have a final in one week that I MUST pass or I fail my semester, and I still need to figure out what home-school program will work for us. I've seen Sonlight online but no one I know uses it. My daughters school uses Abeka and I could continue it since she is used to it, which is a option I am really considering. Then there is the homeschooling charter option. We can get paid for doing home-schooling but they don't let you use a religious curriculum! So the options have just gotten bigger! My mind is still sorting though Sonlight and Abeka and now this option has reared its UGLY head at me! What to do?! I'll keep you posted!

Comments

Popular Posts