When one thing goes wrong...

Its been one of those weeks where if one thing goes wrong...many other items follow. But I really dont want to focus on that and just say...I feel blessed to live the life I live. I dont think my husbands even knows that I feel this way even though I try and tell him on a regular basis. I love being a stay at home mom, I love homeschooling our kids, and I love having the freedom that his job has provided finacially... But of course there is those restrictions, finacially, that says, "no you may not have that new washer and dryer right now" or "even through there is a crack in the stove top, you're going to have to wait till the bills are paid to see if there is enough money to fix it". Normal stuff right!? Yes, but then add three little girls squeeling, screaming, laughing, and crying...vacations...holidays...birthdays...oh, and I've forgotten...I just took a part-part time job. You may be asking yourself what a part-part time job is and I'll tell you. Homeschoolers put together a school for certain subjects and I have decided to do one class two days a week for an hour. Now that I have said yes...everything calmed down until I realized that I need to find a curriculum and find it soon! Its not even a grade I have taught yet even though my degree is in it! GRR! Well...lets get back to the nitty gritty...

We just came back from vacation and Im planning on posting some great pics up for you!

Two days near Portland, OR (Willamette Valley) visiting family! Then off to a treehouse B&B!
To
http://www.treehousepoint.com

Burl was wonderful but I was a little bothered by staying in the loft for our sleeping arrangements. The ladder down was steep and so when walking around to use the restroom, I was constantly worried I'd fall down the hole. This in turn would wake me up and then I'd have a hard time falling asleep. This place is amaizng though. Then Nelson's have done a wonderful job creating a beautiful retreat and I cant wait to go back and stay again. They dont allow little ones uner 13 unless you reserve all of them! So...FYI...if you feel the same way about staying in a loft and using a potty that way...stay in Blue Moon. Its got a compost toilet attached that many use just for #1 but obviously you can use it for the "others" as well. The other tree houses are just as spectacular but no plumbing or running water like Burl had. It was a great surprise to go in and find our treehouse was the only one with running water and toilet! Yeah! Thank you Mr. Nelson!


Then we were off to the east side of WA through Mt. Rainier State Partk. Wow! How beautiful it was and we even saw elk. It took quite a bit longer than going up and down the I-5 but for me it was worth it to see parts of the state I hadnt seen yet.



Then on to Bend, OR to see some friends. What a beautiful place! I wouldnt mind living there one day! You should know that there laws are similar to CA for homeschooling so it wouldnt be that much of a difference!

http://www.hslda.org/laws/

Then home! Thank GOD! We had a good time and it was beautiful weather! I'll be posting some pics and some docs soon on Before Five in a Row! I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!

Comments

Popular Posts