One of those Summers!

It really has just been one of those summers. And it seems to continue...We were supposed to go to hawaii but it didnt work out. Our kids got sick and we had to cancel. So here we go with the more mundane.

Fitness:

I've been trying to lose weight. I've lost about 40 lbs and thanks to my husband...I have been able to stay on my routine with an elliptical. I've been working out on it about 30 min a day.

Homeschooling:

We always start our homeschooling after Labor Day. This year was no different. Our fourth grader is doing:
**Total Language Plus - Courage of Sarah Noble
**Abeka Math
**Beautiful Feet History
**Apologia Science - Astronomy & Marine Biology

Cooking:

We've been bbq-ing a lot but I have been wanting to try new recipes. One of them is a Gingerbread Spice Cupcake.
1 box spice cake mix
1 cup Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
3 eggs
1/3 cup oil

I havent tried the cake or the frosting:
1 cup unsalted butter
8 oz cream cheese
4 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp gingerbread latte

This recipe is a version of Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes by Inspired by Charm. http://www.inspiredbycharm.com/2013/12/pumpkin-spice-and-peppermint-mocha-martinis.html

If this recipe works I'll post it to the recipe section of mommys hiccup.

Decorating:

We recently aquired a mountain home! Its been such a great experience for the girls. I'll take some pics of what I've done to the cabinette. It was a mess! So we tore out everything on the inside. Then we had a crew come in and stain the inside (wall planks). We'll be installing a small kitchenette this next week and loading it up with the much needed furniture. As I said...I'll post pics as soon as I can!

Comments

Popular Posts