Organizing With Some Help

I was never going to be one of those moms that had their kids in 10 different things. In my world, my kids would all enjoy the same sport or activity so that I wouldn't be driving all over Timbuktu. But I realized that in reality, you couldn't do that. Kids become resentful of that because one sibling can be better than the other at the activity or sport that has been chosen. I have three girls. The oldest loves to read but not in love with anything that takes hand/eye coordination, the middle one is slim and super coordinated, while the last one is super strong and coordinated. 

My oldest has done:
Ballet (one year)- 3 years old
4-H (one year-ish) - 7 years old
Swim (one month) - 8 years old
American Heritage Girls (one year) - 8 years old
Gymnastics (almost a year 1/2) - 9 years old

Now that my youngers are old enough to do something we placed them all into gymnastics. But my oldest wasn't enjoying it. So we pulled her. Her desire was to go back to the swim team. Ok so here it goes. This year we now have:

5th grader:
4-H
Swim
Awanas

Kinder:
4-H
Ballet
Gymnastics
Awanas

Preschooler:
Gymnastics

Lets not forget that mom and dad are apart of a bible study one day a week and then mama joined a BALLET CLASS TOO! So excited!

Unfortunately it means that they are all over the place in days and times and I knew I needed to mark them down so I wouldn't mess up but I didn't want to go back and buy another daily planner to add to my already growing stack of books that I had to deal with so I found the next best thing. 


I'm loving that I found this. If something is added to our week I can print a new week out and fill it in then I tape it where I'll see it and so will my husband...Then move on. Every day my kids can look to see if they have an activity since I make sure to color coat them on the calendar. 

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did! Happy Homeschooling!

Comments

Popular Posts