Week 9

Im posting this early cause this week is an alone weekend with my husband. Its time we had a little one on one time with no distractions...(ie: kids and PS3)! No school work for me and dog is going to a friends house! Thanks M.

This week has gone fairly smoothly...I noticed that if I let T stay out in the livingroom with her sister and me and watch a movie, shes more likely to focus on her task of school work later...I dont know why that is...it just is. So I've been letting her play with her sister, then doing work for 1 hr., then eating lunch, then working on the rest of her work till 3-ish. We only had one little breakdown today but I think it was cause she wasnt feeling well this morning...

We are reading a new book. Its called The Apple and the Arrow...Its a little long in the chapters so I've had to cut the chapters in half but its got more pictures so it keeps her more intersted...

Im looking for books to keep her interest more...just more...I've been told that the American Girls books will and I think the Boxcar Children books will too. I've recently found another series that I think might do the trick but we'll have to see! I'll keep everyone posted.

Tomorrow we are doing a fieldtrip to a rabbit farm! Hopefully I can keep our 2 year old within arms reach. I just know that when she sees those bunnies shes going to flip out!!!!

Comments

  1. Hope you had a wonderful weekend alone! Awesome. The beauty of homeschooling is that you're able to break it up any way you please!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts