Cabin Fever

We recently bought a cabin in the Sierra Mountains, which was funny because we weren’t planning on buying a vacation cabin but a rental in the Sacramento region. My husband likes to home search even if we aren’t in the market for a home. It’s almost an addiction. Either way, this home just kind of fell into our lap and God totally provided for it.

We have been traveling back and forth to fix it (paint and carpet was a must) and now for the first time we are staying here with our children in a clean if not furniture free home. And I can tell you...we all had cabin and snow fever. Monday my 4 year old couldn’t stop asking to go to the cabin and by Thursday my husband and I were going out of our mind with the questions of when we were going to go. Friday morning she woke up at 6:30 am screaming something along the lines of "THE CABIN! THE CABIN!" It takes about 2 1/2 hrs and the whole way there on Friday it was, "Is this the cabin?" Just another version of "Are we there yet?" Then we got here and we had no snow and let me tell you...I have never seen my kids so disappointed. So my husband promised snow! It was long and grueling but we found them snow and played in the rain as we sloshed (literally) around in a river of snow. My 1 year old was not impressed. My husband placed her on the sun-ray blinds for the car and was pulling her around and she was NOT a happy camper.

So we rushed back to the car, pulled off our bottoms, socks, and shoes and changed into our spare clothes and rushed back down the mountain to greet the friends that came to take a tour. It is now the second night in the cabin and everyone is finally settling in. My dog doesn’t pace when we leave him in the basement, the baby goes down without a fight, and my kids run up and down as if they have been raised here all their lives. It’s great! The cabin was not something I thought we needed but now that we have it and I can see the possibilities and the current blessings...I've got cabin fever and can’t wait to get back. It’s not even Sunday and I’m already counting down the days to Friday when we come back.

Comments

Popular Posts