Week 2



This week has been somewhat slow. T and I were in Northern California at my mom's farm where she can help feed and water the Alpacas. Then she gets the eggs from the chickens. She has her chores and she does them without complaint! I wish that were the case when she is at home :).

So we were gone from Monday to Wednesday, and my grandmother decided to come with us. That's been a blessing too because she helped watch the baby and is cleaning like a banshee.

Thursday we did lesson 6 and we started reading circles. She has been practicing her writing, doing her learning center booklets, and doing her work for her A-Beka Academy. Its a lot of work for her so I think we might have to pass on the Learning Center soon but I need her to stay a little longer just to practice her reading, writing, and math.

Our read-aloud time is going well. She is so excited about reading Charlotte's Web but we're almost done. I've looked into Sunlight's curriculum to see what they suggest as read-a-loud books and I think our next one will be the Boxcar children (which my grandmother read while she was here and she said she couldn't put it down!). How exciting!

Anyway, I need to get the kids going on their chores. Its Saturday and its time to get caught up on our house work! These are the art projects that we have done for our field-trips. Hope you enjoy her art projects!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts